Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day 29- Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

Today marks the beginning of week 5. This was also the newest "weight-lifting" type of workout. This was chest, shoulders, and triceps. Man, this workout was intense. I loved it. By the end my triceps felt like the were going to pop off of my arms!

There are a TON of pushup variations in this workout. You get to do one-armed as well as the clap push ups. Not easy. There were a ton- so many to describe that they all sort of run together.

Very challenging isolated tricep work as well. The shoulder stuff wasn't too extreme. Which is good considering how tough the chest and tris were getting worked.

I was a bit nervous at the end of the workout for Ab Ripper. In the rest week you don't do any Ab Ripper, so I was afraid it would make me it's bitch again. No need to fear- I rocked it. I completed all but 5 Fifer Scissors (but my legs were the straightest they've ever been). And I was able to do 30 of the 40 Mason Twists with my feet off the ground (me best was 20). I totally attribute this improvememnt to the Yoga and Core Synergistics workouts. I am sure when I finish P90X I will continue to do the Core Synergistics workout regularly.

Diest went well today. Protein Shake for breakfast. Lunch was a low carb wheat tortila with three slices of low fat turkey breast, some lite mayo, and some dijon mustard, and some fat free mozzerella cheese. Snack was my recovery drink. Dinner was three grilled turkey burgers topped with dijon mustard. Dessert (make up for missed mid-morning snack) was a bowl of fresh berries.

No comments: