Sunday, October 19, 2008

Day 43- Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps

Today is the Chest, Shoulders and Triceps workout. As always, it was intense. I love this workout. It kicks my ass and leaves me asking it to do it again.

There are so many push ups in this workout, that you get half way and start to think, "there's no way I can do another push up". But you find a way. The one-handed push ups are still really tough for me. But I did great on the clap/plyo push ups (where you push up and clap in between). I also managed to either invcrease weight or reps (or both) on most all the exercises, and matched my previous best on the ones that didn't go up. The balance push ups are still hard too. These are where you do a push up, then lean on one arm and stack your ankles, while putting your free hand in the air and balancing on your side. TOUGH- especially because it comes near the end.

I also did a bang up job on Ab Ripper today. Again doing all reps of all exercises and pushing a few with more challenging positions. I can always gauge how well I did in Ab Ripper X by how close I am to vomiting afterwards. If I don't feel like vomiting is a real possibility, I didn't work had enough. Once again today, I was ready to spew- so I knew I had brought it!

I was really dragging ass today prior to the workout. I had an outdoor soccer game at noon (we won 5-0). So, I was wiped out from that. Sundays are tough because I play soccer and then come home to workout. But a little Nano Vapor got me ready to go and I was feeling good when it was time to bring it. For those of you out there looking for a little boost for your energy level for the workouts, I highly recommend it. You can find it at your local GNC!

No comments: