Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 31- Back & Biceps

Today was a new workout. It was a back and bicpes workout that was really fun. There were tons of variations of different curls. And of course, lots and lots of pull ups.

Of particular note because of the degree of difficulty was the Corn Cob Pul Ups. You basically pull up, then slide right, slide back to center, slide left, slide back to center, then pull in and then back out, and then down. That's one! Really raised the intensity of the workout. There were also towel pull ups. You took a towel and wrapped in around one of the grips. Then you grabbed the part hanging down with one arm and used the normal grip on the other side. It really isolated the side holding the bar- very intense.

Following the workout was the infamous Ab Ripper X. And I'd liek to announce that for the first time, AB RIPPER X BECAME MY BITCH!!!!

That's right. I did everything! I made it through all 25 Fifer Scissors and made it through all 40 Mason Twists at the end with my feet up. It felt awesome. It really was a sense of accomplishement. Especially, considering how 31 days ago I sat there thinking there was no way in hell I'd ever be able to do all the reps on Ab Ripper X. I've come a long way, and I'm just getting started.

I actually find myself looking forward to the Ab Ripper stuff at the end. Even though I know it's going to hurt, I feel the strength gaining daily in my abs and I see my love handles melting away. And each workout I've made progress on it. I think next time, I'm going to try to increase the difficulty on some of the moves to keep pusing myself.

Diet went well. I had two whole wheat english muffins with peanut butter and banana slices for breakfast. Protein bar for snack. Lunch was a chef salad. Snack was recovery drink. Dinner was some grilled chicken.

No comments: