Monday, October 20, 2008

Day 44- Plyometrics

Today was another day of going tow to toe with "the beast". Plyometrics was on the workout menu today. I took my scoop of Nano Vapor and went to dance with the devil.

I did well today. I felt very "springy" and tried to be as explosive as possible with my movements. I usually struggle with some of the run stance squat switch stuff, but did them well today. Hardest move for me is still the gap jumps- but only because the form is tricky- not the movement itself.

My favorite part of this workout is the bonus sports section at the end. I love the pitching stuff and the jump shot stuff. Those are real-world movments that I'm used to doing. So none of the "feel" like a workout- even though you are breathing really heavy if you push yourself.

Overall this is a tough but fun workout and I continue to enjoy it.

FYI, I'm down to 202 lbs now. That's an 11 pound loss. I'm loving this.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

-Mike
Man your getting close to the 200 lb mark. Won't be long before you break under it! As for the jump shots...I have began to hate them. This is probably due to Cardio X. They are in the small portion of plyometrics in Cardio X. So after doing Plyo the previous night, I wake up at 4AM and get busy doing Cardio X, so when I get to the Plyo part I particularly hate all of it..ahahah but I love it. Anyways things are going well with me i just finished up my 7th Cardio X morning workout... only 2 more before the recovery week(which has none)! The diet stuff has been going pretty well also. I think out of the 42 days so far I may have flopped on nutrition (As in missing ratios, not really eating anything unhealthy just eating to many carbs or to much fat(nuts)) 5 times! Other than that I have kept strong! Keep pushing extra hard....those Day 60 pics will be there before you know it and I don't know about you but I wanna put up some extra impressive gains! So Bring it!
-Matt

Mike said...

Thanks Matt. Good to hear from you. Sorry you aren't a fan of the jump shots. I could do them all day as they are fun for me. They just don't feel like an exercise.

Anyway, I haven't tried the Cardio X workout, but have been thinking about subbing it for Yoga. They say you can do this. Thoughts?

Also, I saw in Jeff's comment section you are in NC. Where do you live? I went to college in NC. I went to Catawba College in Salisbury, NC. And then I went to grad school at Gardner-Webb and coached soccer there. That's out in Boling Springs, NC- near Shelby.

Tai Chi Monkey Girl said...

Hi Mike,

Wow, 11 lbs melted away. I wish I can do that in such a short time. So far, I only lost 5 lbs on my 30th day. But, then I am not following the diet per the nutrient guide. I'm a Monkey. I don't follow tedious, monotonous and boring things like that. I guess I'll just have to live with whatever progress I get.

Keep it up Mike, you're doing great.

Oh, by the way, I finally joined you and your friends in the blogging community. Check out my blog at:

http://taichigirlie.blogspot.com/

Thanks,
Tai Chi Monkey Girl

Mike said...

Tai Chi Monkey Girl:

Keep up the great work. Don't worry about how much you are losing. I lost it slower in the first 30 days then I have in the second. I think at day 30 I had only dropped like 6 pounds. Now in another 13 days, I dropped another 5! So just keep pushing play!