Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day 47- Back & Legs

Today was another day of legs and back. I like this workout, yet hate it. It's a killer. I dread it a bit everytime because I know those wall squats are coming.

Seriously, the one-legged wall squats are just so killer. My legs are shaking after the first two and sweat just starts pouring out of me. It hurts so much. But once that's done, you feel great- especially knowing you won't have to do them again for another week.

This workout also has lots of pull ups/chin ups. It seems this is Tony's preferred way to work the back. In fact, you repeat a few of the moves in the workout on the bar. It gets a little boring to be honest. But the leg stuff is so tough, that makes up for it.

I've always had pretty big and nice calves. But I can tell a difference in my legs since I've been doing this workout and the plyometrics. My legs are even tighter and more defined. They haven't looked like this since college!

Ab Ripper X came again today. And I rocked out all the reps on all the moves. Again, I felt like puking at the end. So I know I pushed hard. As I've said a million times to Jeff, they key to Ab Ripper X (and most of the tough moves in P90X) is controlling your breathing. Remembering to breathe and controlling the breath make such a big difference. For those of you who struggle with Ab Ripper X, try really focusing on your breath. You'll be amazed at the difference.

Diet went well. Shake for breakfast. Protein bar for snack. Lunch was a steak taco with fat-free cheese on a low carb wrap. Snack was a recovry drink. Dinner was a nice broiled chicken breast.

See you tommorrow for my favorite- KENPO!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

dude - this tiger balm is like a little gooey gift from heaven!

mrmick23 said...

I know what you mean about breathing! I figured this out around the same time you started posting about it. It definantly helped me get through fifer scissors but has yet to help on the mason twists. Yesterday I killed the back/biceps. Locomotives with 40 lbs and I also pushed up some of my curls from 25lbs to 30lbs. I did notice by moving up the weights it killed my pull up numbers. By the time I finall ygot to max reps I could only do 4 reps. ahahah I did some extra assisted ones to make up for it though. Keep plugging

Tai Chi Monkey Girl said...

The legs routines are not too bad, because Tai Chi Chuan is based mostly on lower body strength and I've been doing martial arts for 2 years now. The only thing is that the program is too long and my toes gets really exhausted and hurts quite a bit.

The pullups, if my life depends on it, I would only be able to hang on for a little bit until my hands get fatigue. I would not be able to pull myself up to save my life. So, my goal is to be able to do at least one pullup and I'll be satisfied.

Tai Chi Monkey Girl