Monday, November 10, 2008

Day 65- Plyometrics

First let me apoligize for the confusion of two posts today. Somehow, my post last ight got saved as a draft and never posted. So I just posted it! Now I'm doing Monday's write up.

Today was the"east" Plyometrics day. I love this workout. We used to do a lot of plyo training in high school and college for soccer, so this is always fun. I did well tonight. I tried to keep up with the one guy on the video named Dominic, who is like a frog. He has crazy hops and is always doing the advanced options for the moves. On the jump knee tucks (Tony calls this the "mother of all the plyo moves"), I was able to do the intesified version both times all the way through. Also, just for the record, on the second round of Rock Star hops, Dominic quits early! CHEATER!

Anyway, I did well today overall. I felt like I got really deep in all the squats and got a lot of air in all my jumps. In fact on the front to back spins, I was able to do the full 360 spin like Dominc was doing. I got a bit dizzy by the end, but it was fun to push it.

Diet went well. It was a challenge as I was in the OR for the entire day (8 am til 6 pm). I had a protein shake in the morning before Ileft. Then I brought two protein bars with me in my bag. I ate one for a mid morning snack. I had a tuna salad on whole wheat sandwich and a side salad with fat free ranch for lunch. I ate the other bar for afternoon sanck. AndI'm having filet for dinner. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

mrmick23 said...

Keep up the good work! I have Plyo tommorrow and will be modifying both the rock star hops and knee tucks to just vertical leaps :( My right knee doesn't seem to want to do these and hurts and pops when I try so instead of mess it up I will do the vertical leaps in their stead so i keep moving! Man I got up at 4am and did Cardio X this morning! I actually woke up before my alram went off.....I think my body is finally gung ho and ready to go

Mike said...

Matt:

I saw your 60 day pics- you looked good buddy! I can tell the extra cardio is really ripping you up. When I get through with P90X, I am doing it again but adding extra cardio.