Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day 71- Chest and Back

Today was back to basics with the chest and back workout. This is the very first workout in P90X and it is intense. You go through 12 different exercises, and then you repeat them! The trick is pushing hard in the first go round, but leaving some in the tank for the second round. The first few weeks, this was difficult for me. but I'm stronger and fitter now, and I'm better at finding that fine line.

Just for comaprion, I will compare my total number of push ups and pull ups from week 1 vs week 11 (current week).

Week 1 Total Push Ups Completed: 94
Week 11 Total Push Ups Completed: 195

Week 1 Total Pull Ups Completed: 43
Week 11 Total Pull Ups Completed: 84

As you can see, I'm doing a lot more now in both!

also, on the good news front is that I'm down another pound. My current weight is 198.5 lbs! That's down from 213 lbs on Day 1. And I've done it all averging 2,700-3,000 calories per day.

I was soild on the Ab Ripper tonight as well. I did the first three moves (in and outs, bicycles, and reverse bicuycels) all with my hands raised and I was able to still do the corssed leg sit ups again. Plus I'm making it through all moves with complete reps. This is a drastic improvement over week 1 when I did Ab Ripper for the first time. For anyone interested, go back and read my first day experience with Ab Ripper and you will see how far I've come.

See you tomorrow for Plyometrics!

1 comment:

mrmick23 said...

Those numbers tell a good story. Keep up the good work buddy! I know that before to long I will with those mason twists and complete the ab ripper