Friday, November 21, 2008

Day 76- Kenpo X

Feeling much better today. I blasted myself with chicken noodle soup, orange juice, vitamins and rest and I think I got control of my cold.

So, today was Kenpo X. I love it! I get so excited to do this workout in particular. It feels great to let off some steam at the end of a stressful week by throwing punches and kicks. My favorite move is the jab-cross-hook-uppercut move. The music in the video helps with this. You can stay in beat with the drum part and match the tempo of your punches to the beat. It's fun.

I find that if I really concentrate on throwing each punch or kick as hard as I can (yet in a controlled manner) I really feel the burn. By the end of this workout I'm usually drenched in sweat. Also today I took no breaks. During every break on the video, Tony tells you to get some water and towel off, but he never does. He stays running in place then into jumping rope, then into jacks, ten into the Xs. So I matched him today- ass kicker! But fun.

After the kenpo was finished I made up my ab ripper from yesterday. I added in some extra in and outs and bicycles for fun. I was feeling good!

Tomorrow is a rest day and I am off to Philadelphia for my cousin's wedding. I'm packingmy protein bars and hoping I can eat healthy at the reception. Take care!

1 comment:

mrmick23 said...

Glad to hear that your able to keep up with Tony! I wish I could murder Ab Ripper like you seem to do....Anyways have fun at the wedding! YOu starting to get excited.....graduation will be here before we know it!!!