Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day 82- Legs and Back

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today was my last dance with the legs and back routine for this 90 day program. I'm not sad to see it go. It's a tough workout. But mostly, after 90 days I'm bored with it.

If I had to be crtical of P90X (and it's hard to be), one of my biggest complaints would be the lack of a second legs workout for variation. For all the other weight moving workouts, there are two different workouts and they are alternated depending on what week orphase of the program you are in. However, for all 13 weeks, you do the same legs and back workout. So, a little more variety on this one would be nice.

I had a great workout this morning. I'm wearing a sleeve on each knee now and it seems to have helped with my knee weakness during my workouts. I really felt the calf raaises today. I tried to "peak" each one hard to really make my calves explode. Boy did they burn after!

Today was also the last round of Ab Ripper X. To date, this was the best I've ever done. I added extra stuff to the first three moves, plus raised my arms. I got through all the other moves. And then came the Mason Twists. I usually can only do the 40. I've never been able to mkae it into the bonus ones. Today I did 10 extra at the end! I tjpught I was going to puke! It was great.

I feel good right now. Still tipping the scales at 198 lbs. I plan to go shower up and then get ready for the in-laws to invade the house as well tear into some turkey and watch football. One plate for me today and that's it! And no pie! It's going to be tough.

To anyone who is reading this, I hope you and yours have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

mrmick23 said...

Happy thanksgiving!!! For details on how mine turned out check the old ball and chain(blog). Anyways enjoy the nice family time. Glad to here that you were able to bring it today!!

Tai Chi Monkey Girl said...

Happy post Thanksgiving. I'm a little late with the wishes. But, here I am anyways. Man, you are so close only 8 days left. I'm so envious. I also wish I have your intensity level when I do my P90X routines. Well, it's all good as long as we all press play, right?

Keep bringing it Mike.