Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day 78- Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

Today was the chest, shoulders, and triceps workout. Of all of the muscle-building workouts, I think this is my favorite. Most of the workout is variations of pushups, but they are cool and unique. I really feel like my chest muscles and triceps are going to explode when I am finished.

I think one of the best moves in this workout is the fly push ups. For this move, you use a plastic plate under one of your hads. As you go down for the push up, you slide the plate out to the side, putting a fly move into the push up. It is intense. You switch the hand with the plate after every 4 reps. I also enjoy the clap or plyo push ups a lot too. They really kick your ass.

I did fine on the ab ripper again. I added extra in and outs, bicycles, and crunchy frogs to the beginning. I really got a great burn going in my abs. My form and stamina during this workout have come so far over the last few months. It really is amazing.

I did ok on the diet after some slight slip ups at the wedding yesterday. Protein shake for breakfast along with some fresh fruit (I combined the breakfast and morning snack since I slept in!). Lunch was some grilled chicken on a low carb wheat tortilla. Snack was a banana. Dinner was some grilled chicken and a small red potato. Overall, I was within my calorie range and felt great all day.

Catch you on the flip side for the plyometric workout!

2 comments:

mrmick23 said...

Man I would be so excited if my last plyometric workout was today! I guess we will be saying good by to a few of the workouts one day at a time this week though.....Can't wait to be graduates!

Unknown said...

You skipped day 78-- edit