Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day 67- Cardio X

Due to time constraints today, I opted for the Cardio X workout instead of the full-blown Yoga workout. The Cardio X version has Yoga in it, mostly the Warrior stuff. So, I still got some of the core work from the Yoga, while not losing over an hour and a half of my life today.

As I have stated before, I love the Cardio X video. The workout is short and intense, with no breaks. It combines Yoga, Kenpo, Plyos, and the Core Synergistics workout. It is fun and has a lot of veriety- which helps keep it interesting.

I did really well on the Warrior poses for the Yoga section. In the Kenpo stuff, I pushed every move hard, oftwn going faster then the folks in the video allowing me to put some extra reps in. During the plyo stuff, I got a really nice burn going- especially during the jump shot moves. And in the core stuff, I really pushed in the squat x-press move, getting lots of air on the last 10 reps.

Diet went well today. Protein shake for breakfast. Midmorning snack was a protein bar. Lunch was a turkey sandwich on wheat with lite mayo and dijon mustard. Afternoon snack was a recovery drink. Dinner was two turkey burgers topped wit a little barbeque sauce.

See you tomorrow for Legs and Back!

2 comments:

mrmick23 said...

Glad that we have these motivational blogs. Man, every now and then I think how very grateful that I have you guys to keep me going. Plyo yesterday may have been my hardest workout to date.....mainly due to the huge gap in time from my last meal in the plyo workout...over 4 hours. I usually try to hit it after 2.5 -3. I think I am running on the lighter side on calories so starting earlier helps alot for me...Keep up the good work!

mrmick23 said...

This seems to match what I said perfectly above: back and bis.... I upped a few weights up until the 8th excercise. After that my reps w/ the same weight as before dropped by about 3 or 4 reps each for the remainder of the workout. I was so bummed. I was dissappointed today. I did get 35 mason twists today which is better than tuesdays 30 but i have got up to 39 in the past. I also had trouble with the v sit ups. My tail bone seemed to grind up against the floor and when a came down on my back and put weight on it it felt odd and hurt. I think I may be losing what little @$$ i had...... So i guess i have heard of people having off or bad days. i guess today was my first : ( I will just keep pressing play and do my best.... thanks for keeping me going