Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 68- Legs and Back

Today was the legs and back workout. This was definately not one of my better days. I'm going to chalk this up to just having an "off" or bad day.

I got little sleep last night. My wife had her knee lock up on her in the middle of the night- so I was awoken by some screams of pain. At like 1:30m! Then I had to be up early for work, os I never got my full amount of rest. Add to that a crazy day where I was unable to take in my normal amount of calories, and you have the perfect recipe for what happened today. I struggled.

Also, my left knee (my normally healthy knee) was acting up today. I think I was feeling the effects of pushing too hard in the Plyos on Monday. It really hurt during a lot of the leg work- making today even more miserable. I pushed through it the best I could- but it wasn't a great workout.

The only saving grace was the Ab Ripper. Even though my main workout had been subpar, I decided to put it behind me and try and rock the ripper. I did really well. I put my hands in the air for the in and outs and both sets o f bicycles. And for the croos leg or wide leg sit ups, I did the cross leg variety for the first time. Tony says this is harder- and it was. I felt a great burn.

See you tomorrow for Kenp- hopefully my knee will cooperate!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just rub some dirt on that knee and you should be fine!

Tai Chi Monkey Girl said...

LOL! That's funny, Jeff.

Well Mike, this is the place where we complain about our aches, pains and struggles. I feel you, cause I have those knee pains also. Make sure you don't aggravate them while you're working out.